To enter, visit www.tasteofhome.com/ultimatepotluckcontest and follow the instructions completely. Only entries submitted via the website electronic form will be accepted. Entries submitted via any other method, including but not limited to U.S. Postal Service, facsimile or other express delivery services, will NOT be accepted. 3. Entry requirements: We are looking for your favorite recipes that are popular with a group, are original and fall into one of the five (5) following categories.
- Baking Pan Favorites (13x9, 8x8, springform, etc.)
- Hand-Held Recipes
- Light & Delicious Fare
- Almost Homemade Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
Each entry must follow these rules:
- Indicate on the entry the category into which your dish falls.
- Indicate on the entry: the name of the dish, the ingredients, exact U.S. measurements, timing, special preparation instructions and approximate number of servings. Include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address (if you have one).
- Entry must be in English. Enter as many recipes as you like in as many categories as you like. However each entrant is eligible to win only one prize.
Judging: A Taste of Home tasting panel (consisting of editors and food editors) will select one recipe from each category as the category Finalist ("Finalist"). Finalists will be selected by the panel based on the following criteria: 15% Creativity; 25% Feasibility; 35% Flavor; and 25% Visual Appeal.
Is the recipe an original idea? Is there artistic or imaginative thought around ingredient usage and/or method? Is it one of a kind? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Does it contain interesting, yet delightful, flavor combinations?
Is this recipe capable of being created in a reasonable amount of time? How many ingredientHow many ingredients does it use? Could anyone create this food by following the recipe?
Does this recipe taste wonderful with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over based on the great taste?
VISUAL APPEAL: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on the plate or in the baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you can smell or taste it? All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above.
One Finalist will be selected in each category, Five (5) Finalists will be selected in all.. All decisions of the judges relating to the contest and the selection of the Finalists are final.
5. Voting Period: After the Finalists are selected they will each have their recipe posted on www.tasteofhome.com for voting purposes. Members of the public will then be invited to review and vote for their favorite Finalists via TasteofHome.com and Taste of Home's Facebook page. The Voting Period will take place between or around 12:00 PM (CT) on March 1, 2012, and 11:59 PM (CT) on March 31, 2012. Voting is limited to one vote PER PERSON per day, regardless of which voting method is used. The Finalist submission to receive the most votes during the public voting process will be named the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about July 1, 2012. Please note: In the event of technical difficulties, contest submission and voting dates are subject to change without notice.
One (1) GRAND PRIZE One Grand Prize Winner will be chosen as the best recipe from all contest entries and will receive $25,000!
FOUR (4) FINALIST PRIZES The 5 contenders for the Grand Prize will be the winner (finalist) in each of the 5 contest categories. The four finalists who do not win the Grand Prize will each receive $500 cash and a collection of Taste of Home cookbooks with an estimated retail value of $200.